An Overview of Hochiki's Hybrid Wireless Fire Detection System
- PRODUCTS: A virtual classroom for the programming of EKHO system. Video overviews of the EKHO devices. An overview of wireless fire systems of international manufacturers.
- CERTIFICATION: LPCB / BRE Global certification of the EKHO wireless devices.
- CASE STUDIES: In the fight against COVID-19 the Russian Government has ordered the fast track construction of 17 new hospitals to be built in 60 days. All of them are protected by the EKHO wireless fire detection system.
EKHO SYSTEM OVERVIEW
Main Features of the EKHO Range
The EKHO product line has been substantially re-developed and enhanced from our previous and successful Firewave range that was first introduced to the market more than 10 years ago.
EKHO is a new product line of wireless devices from the Hochiki corporation. The system has advanced technical specifications including 3 seconds of alarm activation delay, 10-year battery life, 1200-meter communication range in free air, and 127 expanders in the network.
EKHO System Video
EKHO Starting Kit
EKHO Starting Kit
EK-WL8-TRH Wireless translator module
Wireless translator module EK-WL8-TRH
EK-WL8-O/H/OH Wireless fire sensors
EK-WL8 series wireless fire sensors
EK-WL8-OS/HS Wireless fire sensors with built-in sounder
Wireless sensors with built-in sounder EK-WL8-OS and EK-WL8-HS
EK-WL8-OV Wireless smoke sensor with built-in voice annunciator
Wireless optical smoke sensor with built-in voice annunciator EK-WL8-OV
EK-WL8-OUT Wireless output module
Wireless single output device EK-WL8-OUT
EK-WL8-EXP Wireless expander
Wireless expander module EK-WL8-EXP
EK-WL8-SND Wireless sounder
Wireless sounder EK-WL8-SND
EK-WL8-CP Wireless call point
Wireless manual call point EK-WL8-CP
EK-WL8-IN Wireless input module
Wireless input module EK-WL8-IN
EKHO certification to EN 54 standards by BRE / LPCB
17 new COVID-hospitals were built in 2 months
In the fight against COVID-19 the Russian Government has ordered the fast track construction of 17 new hospitals to be built in 16 regions of the country in 60 days. It was mandatory for these buildings to be equipped with reliable and proven fire detection systems. More than 40,000 EKHO technology wireless devices were installed and commissioned in the new medical centers with a capacity of 2.5 thousand beds and a total area of 193.3 thousand square meters in a record time.
Stages of construction for a new contagious hospital in the Moscow region
One of the main challenges of installing a fire alarm in a medical facility is to minimize installation time and reduce the number of visits to the building. How can wireless technologies make these goals a lot more achievable?
- Design from the comfort of your house. You can design a wireless fire alarm from the comfort of your house, without having to visit the building. In order to calculate the layout of the devices you only need a computer and the floor plans.
- Simple installation. A wireless system requires no electrical work, and the detectors are simply attached to the ceiling with 2 screws. Two workers with no special qualifications can install a wireless fire alarm in just one day.
- Remote configuration and monitoring. A wireless fire alarm can be configured even from a home computer, as the software connects to the system via the Internet. You can also remotely monitor the state of each device and send engineers to the building only when it’s necessary.